Table of Contents
- User Guide (HELP)
- Programmer's Guide (REST-API)
- System Requirements
- Installation & Administration
- MIMM Release Changes
- MIMB Release Changes
- MIMB Supported Tools
- MIMB Known Limitations
- Copyright Notice
- License files & third party software list
- Metadata Management Fundamentals (from Metadata Harvesting and Stitching, Business Glossary with Workflow, Data Mapping Specifications, to Metadata Search, Browsing, and Lineage Analysis)
- Data Modeling (Glossary Driven Physical Data Modeler)
- Data Governance Best Practices (Business Glossary Management)
- Data Governance Naming Standards (Business Glossary Naming Standards with Erwin Data Modeler)
- User Interface Customization (look & feel of Headers, Menus, Home pages and more)
- User External Authentication (guidelines on external authentication / SSO)
- Repository Management Best Practices (Repository Organization, User Role and Configuration Management)
- ERWIN Online References:
- MORE Information:
The erwin Metadata Management (EMM) solutions include two products:
The erwin Web Portal (standard edition) with all essential features for erwin data model publishing, analysis and reviews:
- Metadata harvesting (integration) from erwin Data Modeler Standard Edition.
- Metadata harvesting (integration) from erwin Data Modeler Workgroup Edition (synchronizes with the erwin Mart repository).
- Data Model Diagram Visualizer and Navigator.
- Metadata (single) Configuration and Stitching.
- Metadata Browsing, Search and Reporting.
- Metadata Collaboration (external URL, tagging, comments and review).
- Data Flow Lineage & Impact Analysis.
- Metadata Explorer (simplified metadata user interface for business users).
- Repository Security with User and Role Management (integration with Enterprise LDAP or SSO).
- Repository Customization by adding user defined properties / attributes).
- Repository Storage on PostgreSQL (bundled on Windows), Oracle or SQL Server.
(Note that above features in italic have been added from the previous CA ERwin Web Portal Enterprise Edition)
The erwin Web Portal for Data Governance product is an upgrade from the erwin Web Portal (standard edition) product with the following additional features:
Universal Data Modeling Web Portal:
- With integration of third party data modeling tools - including IDERA ER/Studio Data Modeler, IBM InfoSphere Data Modeler, Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler, and SAP Sybase PowerDesigner.
Live Data Store Metadata Harvesting (Data Cataloging):
- From RDBMS (Relational Databases) technologies - including IBM DB2 & Netezza, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Pivotal Greenplum, PostgreSQL, and Teradata.
- From HADOOP (Big Data) technologies - including Cloudera, Hortonworks, and MapR.
- From NO SQL technologies - including MongoDB, Apache Cassandra (DataStax), and Apache CouchDB (MarkLogic).
- Model Version Management - maintains multiple versions of metadata
- Repository Configuration Management - associates roles with different configurations of metadata / model versions (e.g. Development vs. Production configurations, or user group focused configurations),
Web Metadata Authoring tools:
- Business Glossary – based on the ISO-11179 standard extended for better data modeling tool integration with Term types like entities, attributes, relationships, domains, business rules.
- Semantic Mapper - to classify business terms or connect design layers from conceptual to logical and physical data models.
- Data Documenter - data modeling of existing data stores like RDBMS and big data.
- Data Modeler - for data modeling requirements with full data modeling from scratch.
- Data Mapper - for data flow requirements with data mapping specifications.
(Note that above features in italic are available only in EMM 9.7 or newer)
- Universal Data Modeling Web Portal:
- erwin Web Portal (standard edition)
- erwin Web Portal for Data Governance
Copyright © 2020 erwin, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
The erwin logo and erwin product names referenced herein are either registered trademarks or trademarks of erwin, Inc. or one of its subsidiaries. All trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
erwin® is a registered trademark of erwin, Inc.
These erwin Web Portal products are based (re-branded OEM) on the following Meta Integration products:
- Meta Integration® Metadata Management (MIMM)
- Meta Integration® Model Bridge (MIMB)
- Meta Integration® Repository (MIR)
Copyright © Meta Integration Technology, Inc. 1997-2020.
All Rights Reserved.
Meta Integration® is a registered trademark of Meta Integration Technology, Inc.
Other product and company names (or logos) mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.